Why am i getting pulsating lower back during 40 weeks of pregnancy ?

hello! I am 22 years old, 5 2, and in good health. I am 40 weeks pregnant and have been experiencing a pulsating feeling in my lower back. It doesn t hurt, it is just a pulsating feeling, with no signs of contractions. What does this mean?
Wed, 27 Apr 2011
As you feel pulsating feeling is mostly due to foetal heart sounds transmitted through lower abdomen and you feel this pulsating in your lawer back.
Now at 40 weeks pregnancy is higher time to set pregnancy.you consult your gynac as it is high time.
OBGYN Dr. Rhea Chanda's  Response
Hi
You are full term pregnant and you body is getting ready for the actual birth.The fetus is active too.You are experiencing this.You may also develop lower back pain,radiating to the front,urinary frequency etc.Dont worry about it as long to the fetus is active.If you start contractions,which you will any day,it will probably start as a lower back pain and aggravate from that.