• question-icon

Why am i getting pain in my hip after a surgery?

in childhood i met with accident there was septic dislocation. Surgery was done for dislocation 1983. after two years again one more surgery sequestronomy was done in 1985. Now again i feel pain in hip.
Xray show loss of joint space and femur head shape has changed.
without surgery there is treatement for this
Mon, 29 Dec 2014
Welcome to health care magic.

1.The report suggest there is loos of the joint space with bony changes as mentioned.
2.This looks like the cartilage is lost with bone rubbing each other, and possibility of meniscus tear.
3.If there is loos of normal bone shape - then the treatment of choice is definitely operative.
4.Before you may need to get a MRI knee which will help to assess the joint space, cartilage, ligaments, meniscus and so on.
5.Once the scan done one can actually plan the further depending on the findings. Mostly if age and medical condition support TKR os treatment of choice.

Good luck.
Hope i have answered your query,
any thing to ask ? do not hesitate to ask.
http://doctor.healthcaremagic.com/doctors/dr-ganesh/62888