Why am i getting itchy bumps?

I have been suffering with patches of itching bumps that form liquid, sometimes bleed then scab almost repeatedly. At times I have even felt ill like head & neck pain after scratching the bumps repeatedly. Someone told me I may have an allergy to hair dyes so I switched to henna dye only with the same reaction. My Dermatologist told me it may be a dermatitis but I should seek an allergist which I have not yet. This problem has been going on now for almost a year. Please advise as what it may be and which medical Doctor I should seek? I would appreciate a professional opinion as I m at my wits end!
Fri, 11 Jun 2021

Your symptoms are indicative of infection on your scalp. It can be due to psoriasis, contact dermatitis, hair lice, eczema, jock itch, etc. You are suggested to get clinically examined by a Dermatologist. If needed he will refer you to an allergist. In the meantime, take care of your hygiene. Do not touch, scratch or pick the area affected, It will trigger infection and may worsen symptoms.

In the meantime you are suggested to clean your scalp and hair with Selsun shampoo twice daily. It will help to reduce itching, flaking, redness and irritation. Before apply it on your scalp and hair do a skin test to get confirmed you are not allergic to it. Do not share your toiletries and wash your clothes frequently in hot water. You can apply ointment Lamisil topical for relieve on the area affected. Your treating doctor will take a sample of your skin or hair to study under microscope to detect the pathology causing you discomfort. He may do few other tests also, you will be accordingly treated.

Take care. Hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Nupur K., General & Family Physician