Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Why am I not able to conceive for my second child ?

I am 31 yrs old and I have one daughter of 7 yrs,now as I want second baby,I am trying since 5 months to get pregnant , but no results. My periods are pretty regular.But I think the sperm fully comes out of my vagina after we work. Should I wait some more or see doctor?
Asked On : Wed, 30 Mar 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  52
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi,thanks for query.As you had pregnancy earlier major causes of infertility are ruled out.Sperms coming out after relation has not impact on chances of pregnancy.You should visit a gynecologist and go for ovulation study to see whether it is normal or not.There are bright chances of you getting pregnant again.Just visit a doctor and look for any abnormality that you may have.
Wishing you all the best for pregnancy.
Answered: Thu, 14 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware's  Response
welcome to HealthcareMagic
You seem to be having a problem of secondary infertility.The part of sperms does come out of vagina and is normal.Presently you can try few tips like:-
-when you have sex do not get up for at least 2 hours after sex so that most of the sperms are retained inside so keep lying.
-Do sex on alternate day from 10 th to 21st day of start of every period if you have a regular periods after 28 days.
You can try these things first and if you do not get result in 2 months you can consult a Gynaec and get these things examined and investigated
-if your husband is a smoker or has drinks few times a month then get his semen analysis done to find if the motility and the quantity is good.
-if you had first baby by LSCS (operation) then you will have to get tubes checked for patency by doing a HSG
-and if required she may even ask you to do a follicular study to see if you have proper ovulation.
Answered: Thu, 14 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor