Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
184 Doctors are Online

Why am I having sharp stomach pains in lower right side ?

hello there im 28 year old female getting really bad sharp stomach pains in shooting pains in my right lower side i had a blood test and the doctor has wrote to me asking for me to go for another one as amylase was found so now gt to go for a GT and AMYLASE blood test could you tell me what this is for please and how im can ease the pain many thanks
Asked On : Sat, 26 Feb 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  146
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum.
Serum Amylase levels are increased in case of pancreatitis which is an infection of pancreas.Along with these investigations you should also go for an ultrasound scan of whole abdomen to rule out any other cause. Take plenty of fluids, light meals and antibiotics.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal
Answered: Sat, 26 Feb 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor