• question-icon

Why am I having burning sensation in stomach?

I have RA and Cold Sore, I have been taking turmeric for a long time, on and off, because that makes the cold sore worst, I have tried lysine, for long time with no good results, when I eat red algae it gets better, but, my RA gets worst, I don t have ulcers it just a burning sensation. What can I do
Fri, 9 Dec 2016
Hi and welcome to Healthcaremagic. Thank you for your query. I am Dr. Rommstein, I understand your concerns and I will try to help you as much as I can.
This may be caused by medications you take but these signs may be suggestive of gastritis, GERD or hiatal hernia so you should do gastroscopy to evaluate it more accurately. This is caused by irritation of stomach mucosa by certain food or medications, stress and smoking. It should be treated by changing lifestyle habits first and in severe cases medications or surgery may be required. You need to eat smaller meals but or frequently , avoid long sitting after meal and regulate your body mass. You need to avoid fried food, carbonated drinks, coffee, alcohol and spicy food. You should eat more milk products, vegetables and boiled food. Also, certain antiacid medications may be required by diagnosis should be established first.
I hope I have answered you query. If you have any further questions you can contact us in every time.
Kindly regards. Wish you a good health.