Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Why am I getting fever frequently ?

Male Age:20 5.11ft around 62 Hi! I was suffering from a fever about two weeks back...i took a medicine and it disappeared after 3 or 4 days...and one week before one day i played basket ball for around 3 hrs on a sunnyday outside...that night fever resumed badly and continued for two continous days...I used the same medicine that i took a week before i got it, but was not that effective. So i went to the doctor to have some tests and everything including blood and urine test was normal. He gave me two medicine..and its been 6 days am taking it...some day i get fever and another hr it disappears . and resumes again. And it has made me so dull and weak. am so depressed coz i have got a tournament to attend next if you can help me that it would be appreciatable.
Asked On : Thu, 22 Sep 2011
Answers:  5 Views:  470
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello.welcome.Normally fever becomes alright in one weeks time.if fever is not getting OK then you should get yourself investigated thoroughly.Get hemogram,malaria antigen ,urine and blood culture done along with x-ray chest.Once the cause of fever is found the treatment will become easy.Good luck.
Answered: Thu, 22 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Arun Kumar's  Response
Hi Anjal,

Thanks for posting your query.

I understand your concern.

With the information that you have given it seems like you are suffering from typhoid (Enteric fever). It will come positive in blood test only after 15 days or more. If you are suffering from typhoid ;
1. You have to be on bed rest.
2. You should take only liquid food.
3. You should take right medicine with right dosage for right period of time.
I suggest you to get one Widal test done now and consult your physician for right treatment.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available for your follow up queries, if any.

Wishing you good health.

Take care.


Answered: Thu, 22 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Munish Sood's  Response
1.till now it is assumed to be PUO. have Widal test done

3.peripheral smear

4.giloy satwa 500mg bd with milk

5.amritarishta 15ml + 15ml water bd after food

Answered: Thu, 22 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
investigations like widal for typhoid, ps for malerial parasite..should be done..
Answered: Thu, 22 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
Cardiologist Dr. Naresh Ruparelia's  Response
Hi well come to HCM.
It is better ypu repeat your blood like CBC with ESR,Se widal, QBC for MP, urine routine
micro so that if things not reflected in first report might reflect now,because partially
treated pt for any pathology report may not reflect any thing initially if still negative
submit for X-ray chest usg abdoman to search for the cause of fever. If notuings come
out of this many more tests may be required to come to conclusion.For any fever to
treat proper diagnosis of condition will help lot keep follow up with your doctoras and
when needed till total cure of the condition. Good luck AND THANKS BY
Answered: Thu, 22 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor