Why am I getting extremely heavy bleeding post hysterectomy ?

I had a total hystorectomy one month ago this last friday. I started having frank red blood comming from my vagina on thursday. I went to my dr on friday and they said that my sutures were in tact and that I do not have any edema. I am going through about 5 pads a day. when I go to the bathroom the blood just drips into the toilet as it would with a peorid. I did not have any bleeding up until now. How long should I wait to seek help. i feel as though I should go to the ER. Thank you, Tavia Gura
Sat, 21 Jan 2012

Hello
Welcome to health care magic forum
post hysterectomy It do happen in few cases.consult the operating surgeon & start treatment .If it don't stop with in a week ,get TVS done to find the cause or consult or take opinion of some other surgeon or gynec.
Wish you good health
Disclaimer