Why am I getting cramps in my abdomen ?

i have been having abdominal muscle cramps just below breasts. most of the time, they come about whenever i stretch or reach out for something... reaching high or low. it can be on just one side or it can be across my front. they were happening infrequently for the last two months, however, their frequency has increased to several times a day. they are VERY painful. help, please!!! i am 63, 5 2.
Tue, 24 Jan 2012
Hello and welcome to healthcare forum.
You might had muscle sprain followled by repeated minor trauma leading to inflammation of the muscle.
You require to give rest to the muscle alonge will proper analgesic medication. Application of ice will also help.
Best of luck.