Why am I getting breast pain even after a lumpectomy, chemotherapy and radiation?

4 yrs ago I was diagnosed with stage 1 breast cancer. Had chemo & radiation. Also had a lumpectomy. For the past 18 mnths or so I have been experiencing pain in my breast. Have had it chkd out but no one can give a a definitive answer. Do u have an opinion?
Fri, 15 Mar 2019
Oncologist 's  Response

You will likely have some pain after breast surgery (lumpectomy, mastectomy or breast reconstruction).

For most people, this pain is temporary.

Pain right after surgery is usually due to injury to the skin or muscles.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Esmeralda Sera, Oncologist
Oncologist Dr. Esmeralda Sera's  Response

For most people, this pain is temporary. Pain right after surgery is usually due to injury to the skin or muscles.

Dr Esmeralda Sera, Oncologist