Why am I feel constantly thirsty?

The last few days I have just have not been able to quench my thirst! Even when I m drinking my mouth just feels really dry! Could any one share some light? xx Thanks for all your answers already but these are just a few more details! I already drink about 6 glasses of water and i rarely drink fizzy drinks except carbonated water! I m not on any medication at the moment either. xx
Tue, 15 Dec 2009
's  Response

Being thirsty a lot is symptom of diabetes, but it usually comes along with a lot of peeing and being very hungry even when you have eaten. It is also possible that you have a starting stage of diabetes. This thirst is the result of increased loss of liquids via urine and increased urination is the consequence of the increased quantities of glucose in your blood and urine. Glucose is a active substance which literally pulls water out of the body once it crosses from blood into the urine. The loss of weight is a result of the basic problem in diabetes which is the lack of insulin that is used to transport the glucose from the blood into the cells, thus leaving the cells hungry. These cells then have to use energy reserves that are stored in fats which ultimately results in loss of weight. Vvisit your doctor at this stage and ask for treatment. Diabetes though incurable disease but it isn’t untreatable, if properly controlled and monitored the outcome is really good, otherwise it can lead to some serious consequences and even death.