Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

Why am I experiencing severe pain during periods ?

hi. i am 32 yrs oldlady wth no medical treatment bt i get severe pain during my periods since many years. kindly suggest some remedy.
Asked On : Wed, 9 Mar 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  77
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Internal Medicine Specialist 's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic. This pain during menstrual cycles is called dysmenorrhea. It can be of two types; primary and secondary. Primary dysmenorrhea is seen within 2 years of onset of menstruation and stays for 1 to 2 days of each cycle. The secondary dysmenorrhea is due to pelvic inflammatory disease, fibroids, endometriosis (abnormality of lining of uterus), pelvic tumors, and intra uterine device (like copper-T) etc. You should consult gynecologist for internal examination and other test needed to detect it's cause. Till that time try dietary modifications (to increase protein and decrease sugar and caffeine intake),vitamin supplements, regular exercise, keeping a heating pad across the abdomen or taking a hot bath or shower.

Hope it helps you. Regards.

Answered: Wed, 9 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor