Why am I experiencing excessive shortness of breath and tiredness post a carotid subclavian bypass surgery?

had carotid subclavian bypass with stents placed in carotid artery from the groin all the way up to my clavicle due to an extensive aorta rescission almost 18 inches long . Since the end of the surgery I ve been unable to talk and have the feeling that I need to cough but am not able to. I m also experiencing excessive shortness of breath when trying to walk and a non characteristic tiredness even when sitting. Surgery was a month ago.
Wed, 5 Jun 2019