Why after 3 drinks, do I have a racing heart and can not sleep ?

Why after 3 drinks, do I have a racing heart and can not sleep ? Ever since I turned 40 I have noticed if I have one drink or two I have no issues. When I overindulge at a party I get home and fall asleep then I wake up with very fast palpitation and it is scary. I find it hard to catch my breath which cause more panic. I have had a heart moniter, ekg, and everything looked great. I am very athletic so this is puzzling me. I know that they figured it was a bit of panic or anxiety but I have noticed other people suffer from this. Why does the alcohol do that to me? - i even try taking a gravol and that doesnt help me sleep I dont have high blood pressure if I drink it is lower blood pressure
Sun, 17 Jul 2011