Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
148 Doctors are Online

Why I am experiencing pins and needles on my finger tips during my pregnancy ?

I am 35 y/o/f who is my is expecting my sixth child, I am also having difficulties with pins and needles in my finger tips , and only my finger tips. I am not a diabetic.
Asked On : Mon, 19 Mar 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  82
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello there,

You might be having a condition known as carpal tunnel syndrome which is sometimes seen in pregnancy. There is nothing to worry about as the symptoms will subside after the delivery of the baby. However, DO CONTACT your doctor immediately if you have any numbness, decreased power in your hand/fingers, or a constant,continuous pain etc.

Meanwhile , try not to sleep on your hand. Try not to do repetitive movements at the wrist /fingers. Try not to keep your hand or arm in the same position for prolonged periods. Have a happy pregnancy :)

Answered: Mon, 19 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor