Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online

Whom should i consult for tremor in head ?

i am 25 yrs old and i have been feeling heaviness in back of my head and tremors for past 4 years. it doesn t pain but the feeling is very annoying and i have noticed that while talking also my voice trembles and excessive sweating.i feel very cold inside but outside the body temperature is hot. i feel like i am walking in sleep eventhough i sleep for 7 to 8 hrs a day. i have had a medicine called nitrazepam 2 years ago via one of my M.R friend and that weird feeling was gone for 2 days. i have done MRI of my head and spine but nothing showed up except a mild bulge in C4-C5. the tremor and heaviness is constant for so many years. there is a problem while rotating my head and tremor is very high when i sit. i feel a kind of fear and now from past year i stop being socialized and didn t want to go to any functions. is this some kind of phobia . whom should i consult??
Asked On : Fri, 8 Jul 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  200
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Your symptoms are suggestive of generalized anxiety disorder along with social anxiety (Note that nitrazepam is an anti anxiety medicine and it helped you). A psychiatric consultation should help you overcome your problems.

Apart from that, you can consult an orthopedician to see if the mild bulge in c4-c5 is significant or in any way related to your symptoms (which is unlikely).
Answered: Fri, 8 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
Thanks for query,
All symptoms you described are due to anxiety neurosis,you might have.
But one point I want to highlight is you have got mild bulge at C4-C5 vertibrae.
At this age this is not common so it requires investigations,you might have extra cervical rib which also giving rise to all troubles.
Consult orthopedics and seek his advice.
ok and bye.
Answered: Fri, 8 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor