Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

121 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Whom should I consult for social anxiety disorder ?

who is the best and most well known doctor for treating social anxiety disorder in mumbai or pune
Sun, 15 May 2011
Report Abuse
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,   ,   ,  
ENT Specialist 's  Response
welcome to health care magic
u need to consult some psychiatric doctor
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
prachigupta's  Response
Mumbai has one of the best therapist.

Check it out if you like.
Dermatologist Dr. Gaurav Patel's  Response
hi dhiraj
u need to consult psychiatric doctor for ur problem
what u have is very common ,but all person are not as alert as u to take treatment.
its simple disease ,a good psychiatric doctor will surely help u,
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Hello, I am 25 years old male. I am suffering from social anxiety disorder from a very small age. From age 17 it has become a larger problem and it seems to increase day by day. I get feared at social functions, large people gathering, criticism, bully by people, girls, even I fear to attend my class and exam in fear of humiliation. What should i do? From this forum s public question I found that medications for social anxiety disorder cause erectile dysfunction. Please help me from my cursed life.

doctor1 MD

Do i have ADD/ADHD? I Tend to have social anxiety often and find it very hard to engage in conversations. I also can not even begin my homework because I am always distracting myself. I understand the importance but I just cant get around to doing it. I cant go out to find myself a job. I just sit around all day thinking about why I should do things and why I m so stupid for not doing them.

doctor1 MD

My 22 year old son is going to be seeing a doctor in a week for headaches and a possible seizure. I m wondering if I sent his doctor an email to inform him of his high anxiety levels, social anxiety, depression, etc. That he s suffered since middle school if she would keep it confidential and not tell him I contacted her. It would do some real damage if he knew I contacted his doctor. I don t think he would lie to her but he doesn t see himself as the family does and may not bring up these issues. This is the first time he s agreed to go to a doctor and I really just want to be sure she knows. Should I let it go or will it be kept between us? ?? Thank you. Cathy

Recent questions on  Social anxiety

doctor1 MD

Hello doctor, I have been recently diagnosed with very frequent premature ventricular ectopics. I have been asked to take Inderal 10mg as required by the cardiologist. I am facing some issues and have some questions with regard to this medication:...

doctor1 MD

Hi, I asked this question few weeks back but I was not able to respone back to you on time. I am a 40 year old male. I have a social anxiety disorder . I didn't know I had this disorder until last year. But now if I look back I think I have this...

doctor1 MD

HOMEOPATHIC TREATMENT Dear Homeopathic Doctor, I am male aged 45 years vegetarian. Height 175 cm, weight 78 kg doing Government job. Since childhood, I have been suffering from Depression along with problem of unknown fear. I don't know what type...

doctor1 MD

Hi." my daughter 20 yrs age is prescribed by the doctor for XET CR medication for social anxiety. I am worried about side effects. How long she may have to use... I know it's difficult to answer... But my question is is it going to be very long time ? Or life time? How serious are the side effects. Thanks

doctor1 MD

hi we are a couple trying for over a year to concieve my partner has had a semen analysis done and it was perfectly normal i have social anxiety disorder but i am in good general health as far as i know what do u think could be the matter with me my periods are regular i have never been pregnant

doctor1 MD

I am losing my ability to speak and understand language. It is becoming harder and harder to understand people and be an active participant in social situations without being confused. My words are fumbled and don't come out the way I want to. I cannot construct long elaborate sentences anymore. I can't express myself like I used to as a child.

It has become harder to make decisions as well. I am extremely forgetful. I can't concentrate on anything, especially people's words. I have sleep problems.

I really don't know what to do. I can't function in my life because it is just too difficult to interact with people.

I also have social anxiety disorder, which may have been triggered by my fear of being unable to communicate and listen well causing me to avoid any social situation I can.

I really need help.

doctor1 MD

Thank you for taking time to respond to this. I just started a job in sales, and I meet several new people everyday. I start getting very nervous and forget all my sales training, I start stuttering repeating myself turn very red. I feel I have very high anxiety or "social anxiety" I also feel very down most of the day and start having mini panic attacks when I start thinking about greeting new people. I feel like this consumes a huge part of my life and make my days very stressfull is there any Medicine that can help?