Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
196 Doctors are Online

Whom can i consult to get treatment for stroke ?

one of my friends father had stroke. And he thinks he was attacked by paralysis? is so wat could be the effect of this? and he is in dilema to consult which docter .. like which specialist... pls advice him and wat all the tests he has to undergo?
Asked On : Sun, 10 Apr 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  82
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thank you for choosing health care magic. Brain stroke results in paralysis( weakness of body part) based on the part of the brain involved. It could be wither ischemic( occlusion of blood vessel) or hemorrhagic9tear of blood vessel). Your friends father should visit a neurophysician. He will recommend proper treatment. Usually patients recover from stroke over time. Recovery is inversely proportional to severity of the stroke. Early physiotherapy is highly recommended apart from medical therapy.
Answered: Thu, 14 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor