Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

White spot on the corner of the iris, hurts when going out in the sun, redness, pain. What should I do?

I have a white spot, almost looks like a milky white, on the corner of my iris. (the blue part of my eye). Its my right eye only, it started getting red a couple weeks ago, I just assumed I was wearing my contacts too much and stopped. Since then I only wear my contacts once a week. Last night I noticed, there was a white spot, it feels like my eye is bruised. When I go into the sun, or any direct light, I can t see out of my right eye and it hurts a is now completely bloodshot and I put visine in last night and it reduced the redness for probably about an hour and it stopped the pain too. What do I do?
Asked On : Wed, 8 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  533
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
Welcome to HCM.
The one good thing you did was stop wearing your contact lens :).
And to make it clear Iris is a structure which is deep inside the eyes. So, I am thinking of your white spot in either the conjunctiva(the white part of the eye)/ limbus( the part of the eye near the conjunctival corneal junction).

Pingeculitis is very common cause of redness, which increases on exposure to heat and dusty areas.
Since you are a contact lens wearer, it could be a Phlyctenular keratoconjunctivitis an allergic hypersensitivity reaction. In either case it needs a confirmation by slit lamp examination and anti inflammatory eye drops/ short course of steroid eye drops. Stop wearing the contact lens until your eyes are completely free of redness.

Confirm it with your eye care provider to get a permanent relief. Until then you can use a lubricant to soothen your eye.
Hope this helps. Take care :).

Answered: Thu, 9 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor