Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

White spot in the back of eye seen in x-ray. What could it be ?

My daughter went to have her eyes examined today, and the doctor called her in because he saw 1 white spit in the back of her eye in an xray . What could it be? I am soooo worried. She needed to have her eyes checked months ago, but she didn t, and she started really straining to read and her eyes just ached due to not having glasses. Her grandmother has a similar problem from over 40 years ago. I hope treatment has advanced enough to correct the problem. I don t know what it is called, only that the symptoms are similar to Carmin. Any idea what it may be?
Asked On : Fri, 7 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  379
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
Thanks for the query..
I need to know few more details..
How old is she?
Is her vision affected recently?
Does she complain of any pain or redness or any enlargement of the eyeball?
X ray as an investigation for eyes is rarely used nowadays.
In case of doubt you can get a CT/MRI scan to rule out any problem.
Some normal variants can also be interpreted as whilte spots particularly in X ray.
Don't worry.Have a complete ophthalmological examination done and if required with a specialist for oculoplasty/retina..
If she is having a refractive error, she has to use glasses for better vision and also to avoid strain.
Hope this will help you. Take care..
Answered: Fri, 2 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor