White raised blisters in mouth. Taking medication for high BP, hypoactive thyroid, high cholesterol. Suggestions?

I have been taking Pantoprazole 40 mg for about 3 months. I also take meds for high blood pressure, hypoactive thyroid and high cholesterol. For the last 3 weeks I have developed white, raised blisters in my mouth. I have used a mouthwash prescribed by my medical doctor and it has not helped. I saw an oral surgeon who now has me on prednisone (2 dose packs). I have had a little relief but not much.

Could this medication cause blisters in the mouth?
Thanks.
Tue, 7 May 2013