Owl Image

White patches on skin

Hi, My sister has White patches at the joints .Day by day the white patches are increasing and spreading all over the body.We are now under Unani Medicare .We have not got any result till date ,its been more than two years . because of this my sister is completley depressed.please advise us Thanks Prasanna
Thu, 3 Nov 2011
  Anonymous's Response
hey it looks vitiligo, dont go for unani or any ayurvedic medications. treatment is lilfe long. go for puva therapy its good for vitiligo cases.
  Anonymous's Response
Can I post something interesting, my son has this problem since his 12 yrs of age. I took lot of care and the patches spread sometimes and restrict many times. I gone to Homeo, Ayurveda and English medicines. With PUVA and some tablets the patches on the hairy areas are cleared now. I do not if it is of importance. Thanks....
Hello Thanks for the valuable reply, Please provide me the complete details of PUVA Therapy Regards
Can you guide us how to stop the spreading of this condition other areas of the body ? Is it possible to stop it completely (the spreading) ?

what is this PUVA therephy

The first thing in vitligo treatment is to control the spread of the disease. Once contained we have lot many options - Medical and minor surgical with which we can bring back the pigmentation just like the normal skin.PUVA will not stop the disease progression but will help in repigmentation.