Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

White matter in left eye nearing the pupil. Could it be teridium, cataract, treatment?

i am 35 years old, female, i can see something white in my left eye getting nearer the black part at the center of my eye. Some of my friends told me that it s teridium while other told me it s cataract , i don t know what it s name. is there any gel or eye drop to get rid of it? or is there a need for a surgical operation for this? i would be very thankful if this query would be answered...
Asked On : Wed, 1 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  127
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
As from your history you are complaining a white growth nearing the black part of the eye.
The black part which you are referring is cornea and probably the growth which is approaching the cornea is pterygium. There is no medical treatment for pterygium and medical treatment is limited to treat some complications of pterygium like inflammed pterygium.
The treatment for pterygium is mainly by surgical treatment. The commonly done surgery is pterygium excision with conjunctival graft.
kindly do consult your eye doctor for examination and treatment accordingly.
Thank you
Answered: Tue, 13 Aug 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor