Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
187 Doctors are Online

White layer on penis glans.

i am 35 yrs old man .for the past 1 year there is a white layer on my pennis glans .i am uncircumsised. i have difficulty in washing it every day.even after washing it comes again.please suggest some remedy
Asked On : Fri, 16 Mar 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  948
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum.

The white layer that you describe is probably smegma - collection of shed skin, genital gland secretions and moisture. It is a harmless collection seen especially in uncircumcised men. Rarely it can get infected causing pain, rashes, foul smell, discharge and so on.

It does not need any treatment. So do not worry. Good personal hygiene and regular cleaning will keep you from harmful effects.

Circumcision may reduce this problem if its bothering you much.

Hope this answers your query.

Wish you good health.

Best Regards
Answered: Fri, 16 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response

Welcome to HCM,

It seems that there is collection of smegma under the fore skin of glans giving you this problem.

This may give you infection called Belanoprosthitis.

Clean daily by averting foreskin with worm water while taking bath.

gradually your foreskin will become clean.

Ok and bye.
Answered: Fri, 16 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor