Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online

White heads on vaginal area towards belly, had done waxing in the past week. What could this be?

hi Doctor, this query is about my wife, she has some pimples like with white head on her vaginal area, these pimples are not on the actual vagina i mean not on the clitoris or lips but on top part of the vaginal areas i mean couples inches towards belly, is this something to worry about, she did waxing about 2 weeks ago, i dont think this ingrown hair or anything like that....if u can help me with this, we dont have history of STDs
Asked On : Tue, 25 Sep 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  41
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Jul 2012
Hi there.
I read your description with interest. Is there any particular reason you say with conviction these are not 'ingrown hairs' because from your description, history & site, they appear very likely to be so. Alternatively, one cannot rule out molluscum contagiosum which is a viral infection. The treatment of both will be to surgically remove them using a fine 27G needle & forceps or using a hyfrecator or lasers depending on your dermatologist's expertise or availability of equipment. However, this is speculative. For a more definitive diagnosis, you will have to visit a dermatologist nearest you or contact one of us on this portal using the 'ask-aspecialist' premier package wherin you can upload a clear photograph of the lesion & we can proceed further.
Do hgope this helps you & wish you & your wife Good Health!
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD
Dermatologist, Cosmetologist, Venereologist
Vikram Hospital, Bangalore, India
Answered: Tue, 25 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Anand Babu M's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagicForum

Hi..Rangam.. The patient is need to be clinically examined and evaluated...
white heads are not seen in the pubic regions..
consult a dermatologist for further details..

Take care..
Answered: Tue, 25 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor