Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
163 Doctors are Online

Which treatment will help in restoring hearing ?

please please doctor urgent need help us ; loss of hearing in single ear dear doctor , My sister aged 22 have hearing loss in the right ear . The problem started before 1 year ,she was advised by the doctor to use a hearing aid .she used it initially but stopped using it later as she felt consious and was depressed. due to airconditioning and pollution she developed sinisitis . Now she has loss of hearing in right ear . The doctor said it has something to do with the neurons and cannot be treated. She feels scared about it doesnt want to use the hearing aid. She is not going out of the house. She is depressed . Very depressed i cant even tell how much she is suffering .crying all day all night. My whole family is upset evryone is crying. please doctor is there any hospital in india or abroad where she can get treated and get her hearing back. We are ready to do anything for her . Is ther any possibility . And my parents marraige is a consangious marraige . The doctor told this might be a reason . If there is any surgery or any treatment please tell me
Asked On : Thu, 4 Aug 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  135
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
hello welcome to HCmagic.....i read ur query...u seem very tensed. I will opine that if there is no financial problem...then u ppl must go for 2nd nd/ 3rd opinions of some superspecialists......they are available in reputed hospitals. Such dr can advise u for any possible option abt the case... it seems to be taken care of as soon as psble before soem irreversible changes happen. Dnt loose any hope i think...
Answered: Thu, 4 Aug 2011
ENT Specialist Dr. Sumit Bhatti's  Response
1. If she has had a recent hearing loss, especially in her right ear, within the last four to six weeks, medical therapy must be attempted.
2. Get her PTA (Pure Tone Audiogram) and Impedance Audiogram to confirm the type of hearing loss. Conductive hearing loss can be treated.
3. SSNHL (Sudden Sensorineural Hearing Loss) is a medical emergency, more so because she has now developed hearing loss in her other ear also. A CT + MRI Scan may be required since her hearing loss is progressive.
4. Treatment for SSNHL includes high dose steroids, antivirals, carbogen, lomodex, trental, nootropil, palsinuron, transtympanic steroids, hyperbaric oxygen.
5. BAHA (Bone Anchored Hearing Aid) is an option if she does not want to wear hearing aids. Fully implantable hearing aids are also available now.
Answered: Fri, 5 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor