Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
136 Doctors are Online

Which supplements will work to increase my weight ?

I weigh 58kg and would like to increase my weight to about 65kg in less than two months.I've been to the gym before but never gained anything in two months.Now am in school and can't get time to go to the gym.I do normal push ups every moring.I would like to take some protein supplements.Could you suggest which ones wor very fast? Thank you in advance, Evans
Fri, 4 Feb 2011
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Dietitian & Nutritionist 's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic

To increase the body weight in your body , you need to have a diet which is high in protein. Proteins are the building blocks in the body.Include more of whole pulses, legumes, milk products, soya products, peanut butter, nuts and dry fruits, chicken , red meats in your diet. Aviod junk foods, oily foods, carbonated beverages, alcohol,saturated sweets which will eventually suppress your hunger, substitute with fruit milkshakes, chicken / tuna sandwich,boiled pulses like rajma, chole,paneer tikka, tofu sandwiches,dry fruit milkshakes, lassi, buttermilk, whole milk, groundnut chikki/ burfi, green banana and can also use supplements of protein like ENSURE or RESOURCE HIGH PROTEIN which can be taken along with milk. Several protein milkshakes are available in the markets, best is soy flavoured milk which is very high in protein and low in fat.Along with diet, exercise for musle building is necessary.
I find this answer helpful
  Anonymous's Response
Look at your diet. If u go gyming u burn more calories. If u dont eat to compensate that and even more how will u put on weight. eat high protein diet. Forget supplements. Have enough eggs, chicken, bananas, milk, peanuts and continue exercises coz i guess u want muscles not flab. U will put on. One thing that always makes me put on weight is adding white bread and butter to my diet. not a very healthy option though :)
  User's Response


i know a nutritionist who will definitely help you with this problem without any side effects

you can contat me on 9036291674 and my name is roopesh

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor