Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Which specialist should I consult for depression?

Hi, How do consulting for my personnel problems can help me get better ? Ive had depression for a long time. I have been trough roughest years by myself and got better. But better is not good at all. I have tryed to consult before but i did not go all the way i did not felt like it was a good consultation. So, How consulting can help me?
Asked On : Thu, 24 Jan 2013
Answers:  3 Views:  35
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Thanks for your query. Depression is a mental illness that is treated by a psychiatrist in collaboration with a clinical psychologist. Effective antidepressants are available in addition to psychotherapy interventions like cognitive behavioural therapy. A thorough psychiatric evaluation is needed prior to initiation of management. Interpersonal psychotherapy is also a good choice in your case. Hope you found the information useful.
Dr Sundar
Answered: Thu, 24 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

 1 user finds this helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

General & Family Physician Dr. Shoaib Khan's  Response
Hello and welcome.

Thank you for your query.

The first step to helping yourself is realization, and I am glad you realize you need help and guidance.

Providing that is the job of the counsellor/psychiatrist.

What the doctor needs from you is for you to open up to him/her completely. I understand this might not be possible in one sitting, and these kind of things take time. At the same time the doctor will also be able to help you only in time. He/she will not be able to make a noticeable change overnight. You will have to be patient and understanding.

Things will get better, be positive and be happy. This includes not staying around negative people, no matter how important they are, and doing things that make you happy.

I wish you lots of luck and the best in health.

Answered: Thu, 24 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

General & Family Physician Dr. Nupur K's  Response

Welcome to the forum. It is nice to know that you have sustained through difficult times. You are a strong person. If you think you need an external help to help you feel better you can consult a Psychiatrist or a Psychotherapist.

Try to change your lifestyle, welcome new friends in your life. Hear good music, sing songs, watch movies, do exercises and workouts. You can also start making your favorite food yourself. Eat what make you happy.

Keep yourself well hydrated. Open out and talk about what is botheing you to people. You will feel better. Try to sleep well. Mild sedatives and mood elevators under supervision of a docor will help you.

Take care.
Answered: Thu, 24 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor