Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

Which specialist do i need to consult for swollen foot and what could be the solution ?

I have a problem in my foot which is swelling if sitting in a same position more than 15 mts.If i go to bed/get back to sleep it is reduced,continuing since 2 years...I consulted with doctor ,my kidney , heart ,urine & blood every thing normal...but he says something insufficiency in blood cisculation....What is the solution to my problem..
Asked On : Sat, 23 Apr 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  84
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
General & Family Physician 's  Response
It is venous insufficiency my dear. Veins have valves in them which allows only 1 way flow of the blood. Sometimes these valves become defected so the blood pools in the dependent part of body e.g. feet. Do u also have varicose veins? You should consult a general surgeon.
Answered: Sat, 23 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor