Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
189 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Which specialist can cure wheezing?

Hi ,

My wife has wheezing from her childhood ( from age 8). She doesn't take continious medicine. she takes theozilin if she suffers.Now i want to take her to a doctor for diagnositics and treatment. Which specialist doctor should i visit. ENT or lung specialist. I am based at coimbatore.
Thanks a lot
Wed, 23 Dec 2015
Report Abuse
Pulmonologist 's  Response
Thanks for your question on Health Care Magic.
I can understand your concern.
You should consult pulmonologist (lung specialist) for your wife.
She is mostly having asthma.
So consult pulmonologist and get done
1. Clinical examination of respiratory system
2. PFT (Pulmonary Function Test).
3. Chest x ray.
Chest x ray is needed to rule other lung pathology.
PFT is must for the diagnosis of asthma. It will also tell you about severity of the disease and treatment of asthma is based on severity only.
She needs regular inhaled bronchodilators and inhaled corticosteroid (ICS).
Oral combination of antihistamine and anti allergic drugs are also indicated.
So consult pulmonologist and discuss all these.
Hope I have solved your query. I will be happy to help you further. Wishing good health to your wife. Thanks.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Hello Doctor, I have 12 months F baby (second baby) , who is affected by recurrent UTI 1.UTI was when she was 5 months  Gave her Amikacin halfcc...