Which one is worse to have, high BP or high cholesterol ?

Which one is worse to have, high blood pressure or high cholesterol?
Mon, 14 Dec 2009
's  Response
High Blood Pressure. It is known as the "silent killer" because you can have it and not know it and you can die from it because there are no symptoms in most people that they have it. It can cause strokes, heart attacks and other problems. Both are bad for you and your arteries can become so clogged from cholesterol (plaque) that very little blood can get through to the heart. Lack of blood in the heart and brain can kill you so bath are very bad for you but you usually know if your cholesterol is too high and it does NOT get high from eating too much sugar as someone suggested, it is from animal fat which causes excess fat in the blood, sugar has nothing to do with cholesterol, it has to do with triglycerides being too high from sugar. People need to get their facts straight. but I would rather have high cholesterol than HBP. But remember, both are treatable with diet and/or medication.