Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
138 Doctors are Online

Which medicines should be taken when you have angioedma ?

i am 37 and had an overnight outbreak of what is being called andioedema. i was prescribed antibiotics and steroids(prednisone) this worked for four days before it came back and became stronger. I was then prescribed two different antihistimines ( zantac and claratin ) which agian brought it all under control with the exception af the occasional fever . Then i developed a case of myoclonus where i found could be caused by the antihisimines. After dropping the two antihisemines the myoclonus left but the angioedma returned again, feeling this was the lesser of two evils i now have to deal with this until other medication alternatives are figued out. Any help or sympathy is appreciated. DA KC,MO
Asked On : Sat, 5 Mar 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  94
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
Hi dear
You are very true this drugs will help you in one case but will make some other problem awaiting for you in gift. It is my advise to take homeopathy treatment and you will definitely get cured with it. For further help you can contact me on
Answered: Tue, 30 Aug 2011
  User's Response
Hi Well come to HCm
As steroids are with many side effects most of the Doctors give it only for
short terms but Prednisolone is little safe to use for longer use compare to
other steroids.Worth trying sustined acting prednisolone where effect will last
longer if your doctor feels appropriate

By thanks
Answered: Mon, 8 Aug 2011
OBGYN Dr. Rakhi Tayal's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
Angioedema can be caused by many causes like allergic reactions to some food item, renal disturbance, hypertension, malnutrition, etc. All these systemic causes need to be ruled out one by one with the help of a detailed examination and relevant investigations. You can consult your primary physician who will guide you for the same.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal

Answered: Fri, 23 Sep 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor