Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Which medicines should I take for epilepsy while taking acitrom for seizures after delivery ?

i m having seziures and now i m delivered but there is ablood clot in my leg now i m using acitrom tablet 8mg my weight is 87 is it safe to me or any other problems i m 27 years old .i m female. i got epilepsy in 10years back.i m using medicines like lamitor200mg morning and night and frisium15mg morning & night.i m married in last i m delievered a girl 1month before.she is a premature baby.after that i know there is a clot in my right leg.breathing is very difficult to i m using acitrom tablets8mg.i m not giving milk to my baby.why there is aclot in my leg after delivery?taking 8mgacitrom is not a problem to my weight is is not a problem?what type of food i have to take while using this medicine?how many years i have to use this one?now my pnr is 2.45.there is no problem to my baby?in this time what type of medicines to use for epilepsy?
Asked On : Thu, 21 Apr 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  148
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Naturopathy & Yoga Specialist 's  Response
Welcome to health care magic forum.
Clot in the leg veins are common to have post pregnancy. Acitrom is a blood thinning medicine. It is a condition which requires treatment for 6 months along with compression stockings to prevent damage to your veins also to reduce swelling. Your PT/INR is normal now. You have to monitor PT/INR once a week it has to be between 2-3.5. Dosage of Acitrom to be adjusted accordingly. You can feed your baby, provided you give milk after 3 hours of taking tablet and check baby's PT/INR once in 3 weeks. Monitor baby's urine for blood.
You can continue your seizure medicines with consult of your neurologist. Seizure medicines do interact with Acitrom hence to be taken with caution.
You have to avoid Cabbage, Spinach,Peas, Ground nuts, Bone marrow and liver in your diet as they can thicken the blood even more.
For chest pain you have to talk to your doctor immediately as the blood clot might travel to your lung and cause breathing difficulty. You may require Chest X ray/ CT.

Sama Wellness Clinic
Answered: Mon, 9 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor