Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

Which medicines can a teen take to terminate pregnancy ?

Hello doctor I m a 18year old girl ..... I had sex with my boyfriend without any safety measures......I took the pregnancy test today showed me a positive result....I would like to abort..... I can t go and meet any OBGYN because I feel ashamed and have a guilty feeling to face the doctor......I need some prescription....I dint have periods for the past month periods date is is going to be two months now....pls help me out......I m a student so pharmacists are not giving any medicine without the prescription.....pls do help me....
Asked On : Sat, 14 Apr 2012
Answers:  4 Views:  82
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for your query.

I will try my best to provide you with best possible professional recommendations to your questions.

The best advice what i can give you is to see OBG specialist.

There are medical preparation to cause abortion, but they should always be taken under supervision and as self medication.

There are side effects of these pills which include You may experience, heavy bleeding, nausea and vomiting, diarrhea and pelvic pain but also fever.

You must keep in mind that there is always the risk of an incomplete abortion and in case of an ectopic pregnancy(implantation occurs out side the uterus) there is the risk that the fallopian tube will be damaged.

Effectiveness of this drugs is high in Medical termination of intrauterine pregnancies of up to 49 days gestation and afterwards there effectiveness gradually decreases.

So i advice you to see OBG specialist and not to take any drugs by yourself without supervision.

Yet again, I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query.

Answered: Sat, 14 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Kamal Kishore Bandil's  Response
Hello Swee,

Welcome here on HCM.
You don’t have any option other than to contact gynae doctor for MTP.
It is like playing with your life, by aborting without under treatment of a gynae dock.

Be courageous to face consequence what you did otherwise you have to face much worst condition.

Hope good mind prevail in you.
Answered: Sat, 14 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. P. V. Srinivas Rao's  Response
dear, forget about your guiltiness and visit a gynaecologist .Taking oral medicine is not advisable for your tender age. Surgical procedure is the best way, that too within one month
Answered: Sat, 14 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Physical Therapist or Physiotherapist Karthik D's  Response
no you have to meet a Dr, as you told it is going to be 2 month it is very risk to abort by using tablets. meet a OBGYN tell them what is your need.
Answered: Sat, 14 Apr 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor