Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
142 Doctors are Online

Which medication is most suitable to treat PCOD ?

Hi Doctor , I am 25 yrs old I have PCOd.I got metformin tablet ysday ,I asked for glucophage but they gave me Glyciphage ,which one is the correct medicine to go ahead.since I am trying to conceive,Please advice
Asked On : Tue, 2 Aug 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  134
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Dermatologist 's  Response
welcome to healthcare magic forum
glyciphage and glucophage both contain metformin .
so dont worry ,both are same medicine but from different company .
you can continue with glyciphage .

i hope i have answered your question.
Answered: Tue, 2 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. P. Mahesh's  Response
Hi Priyadarshini,

Welcome to HCM.
Glyciphage is the correct one. They have given you the right one. You need not worry. Check the strength. It comes in 250 mg., 500 mg. and 850 mg. strengths. See if it is of the same strength as prescribed by the doctor.
This treatment will certainly help you to conceive provided every thing else is within normal limits including your husband's semen analysis.
Wish you early conception.
Answered: Tue, 2 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor