Which medication for anxiety and stress is safe during pregnancy?

Hi I ve been taking Brain Booster tablets but now they re finished and I m taking Biral tablets for stress. I get stressed out easily, even by the smallest of things. I suspect now that I might be pregnant. I wanna know, is it safe for me to continue any of the above mentioned tablets? If not, than are there safer ones I can take?Thank you in advance.
Tue, 10 Jul 2018
Psychologist 's  Response
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
With today's lifestyle, it is almost impossible to avoid STRESS. Each person experiences stress in a different way and can tolerate different levels of stress. For some work is a source of stress while for others it could be strained relationships or financial trouble. Stress is simply a reaction to a stimulus that disturbs our physical or mental equilibrium. In other words, it's an omnipresent part of life. A stressful event can trigger the “fight-or-flight” response, causing hormones such as adrenaline and cortisol to surge through the body. A little bit of stress, known as “acute stress,” can be exciting—it keeps us active and alert. But long-term, or “chronic stress,” can have detrimental effects on health. There is nothing to worry much about stress because stress is part of your body's defense mechanism. Stress is essential too. You may not be able to control the stressors in your world, but you can alter your reaction to them. I need to know, what are the causes with which you are stressed? Once you know the reason, you will be able to adjust with it with some tips and tricks.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr. K. V. Anand