Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

198 Doctors Online
Owl Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Which is the best vitamin to take to increase strength on bones ?

I am 20 years old 6 foot 3 170 pounds athletic build ..every step I take my hip clicks/crunches on the right side, when I was 16 I busted my back lifting a heavy skid working retail ever since if I spend more than 10 seconds leaned over I get back up with slowness and difficulty...I have no pain in the hip as it clicks although it gives me a very weird discomforting feeling. I am a security guard so a lot of walking is a part of my life, I was thinking if this keeps going on, eventually where that is happening the cartilage I got there is going to rub out and cause some serious problems? I am clueless.. any advice? whats the best vitamin to take to increase strength of bones/ increase cartilage mass other than the common known ailments? I am looking for something natural? And would Arthri D do anything for me? THANKS!
Thu, 19 Jan 2012
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
hello and welcome to healthcare magic!!

well consult an orthopaedician get a hip x ray done so that you know what the cause for the hip click is and later on depending on that the orthopaedician will guide you. as far as the vitamin to increase the bone strength it is vitamin d and it is synthesised naturally in our body when we go out in sunlight so don worry about that. take care.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....