Which is the best teeth caps to be used ?

My dentist has advised me to wear teeth caps for the teeth which was extracted last year. He told that htere various types like porcelein, gold etc. which is the best caps to be used ?
Fri, 26 Aug 2011
Dentist 's  Response
If you want to replace your front teeth you can go in for ceramic bridges and if you want to replace your back teeth you can go in for metal ceramic bridges. Ceramic bridges are more esthetic and expensive. Choice is yours.
Dentist, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Dr. Manish Gupta's  Response
Porcelain is the best material as it resembles the natural teeth and has a long life. Take care!
Stan clare's  Response
Capping a tooth in UK, is normally done when the tooth is originally too decayed to just apply fillings. Normally the original tooth is cut down to good bone, virtually a stump, then a false tooth made of porecelan or gold, modeled to your original tooth is cemented onto this stump. Often a temporary standard false tooth is used, while your modelled false tooth manufactured. One problem that occurs, is the temporary one comes off easily. It is afterall not stuck on too hard, since your dentist has to remove it to afix your new false tooth. The other technique is to drill out the bad tooth, attach a peg, onto which the new false tooth is sited. This later method is very expensive & requires much dental time. My sister had ALL her's done this way some years ago.
(She was wealthy then! But felt, still does feel it was a good investment)
Dentist, Endodontics Dr. Manisha Rao's  Response
Hi, you must get your lost teeth replaced. Porcelain is the best material. It looks like your natural teeth and has a long life. Take care!
don's  Response
teeth capping ??what is this?? this is the first time i am hearing about this ..??can u just tell me what is that ??and what is the main use of teeth capping??
  Anonymous's Response
Anonymous's  Response

You should ask your doctor itself what will best suit your needs to be done.