Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
146 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Which is the best surgery for eliminating refraction error in the eyes ?

Hi Doctor, I have (-14) reflection error for Left eye and (-12.5) for right eye.I want to conform you that, is there Lasik surgery will covered for this reflection error if yes which hospital is best for the surgery in Bangalore. If not is there any other surgery for the reflection error correction if yes what kind of the treatment for the eye error correction and best hospital in Bangalore Regards, Athiq
Tue, 8 Jan 2013
Report Abuse
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Treatment/Therapy ,  
Medical Procedures
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
Dear Friend,

LASIK is not indicated for you, You will require Implantable Collamer lens implant surgery to correct your refractive errors. Consult any Vasan eye care hospital, they will arrange the treatment for you. Take Care
I find this answer helpful
Ophthalmologist Dr. Ravi Krishna Kanaradi's  Response
thanks for the post
LASIC usually corrects .refractive error till -8.00 D.You have thigh nyopia in both eyes nore in Left eye..You need to under go a ORB Scan which gives details of the cornea.There is ine surgery called ICL i.e Implantable contact lens which is done for higher power provided the ORB scan is normal and the power is stable.There are many hospitals in Bangalore who do this procedure. like Vasan eye care hospital.
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Ophthalmologist Dr. Amit Garg's  Response
dear friend in my opinion u must go for phakic iols for the said power of eyes.u can approach to agarwal eye hospital in chennai,vasan in bangalore,agarwal eye hospital in jaipur rajasthan,
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Sir, we decide to take lasik , laser treatment for our doughter for her eye site problem, now she is using lense. So I request you, how much safe...

Recent questions on  Eye surgery

doctor1 MD

I was at my pharmacy yesterday to get a refill of fluorometholone which I use to prevent rejection of a cornea transplant. I was told by the...

doctor1 MD

my 12 month old granddaughter was born with Peter s anomaly and has had a recent eye acuity test that resulted in a result that was at least 2400....

doctor1 MD

I have angioedema, however, the redness, itching and discomfort I have been experiencing for the past week is growing worse and is only located on...

doctor1 MD

I've had cataract surgery twice...July 5 and 7th...started takingthe Pred Forte 3 days prior to each surgery and been on it ever since...3 weeks...

doctor1 MD

Heavy eyes, tiring eyes. A little dizzy and blurred vision sometimes. Visited an eye doctor and oculoplastics specialist. The recommendation is to...

doctor1 MD

Hi im 29 f. i had power to my eyes since my childhood. i used to wear glasses. later in 2010 i did lasick eye surgery . it was successful and didnt...

doctor1 MD

I have NEUROCARDIOGENIC Syncope and cataracts need to have eye surgery . Eye dr wants to use phenyledrine ,says it won't be a problem. I've had...