Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

Which is more reliable system of treatment, Plate or nail in case of forearm fracture ?

i want to know which is more reliable method (plate or nailing) in forearm radius/ ulna broke in two pieces. location upper M/3
Asked On : Thu, 28 Jul 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  92
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
hi welcome to HCM.
the treatment option is depend on type of fracture.depending on X RAY findings your surgeon decide what type of operation is good for fracture treatment
Answered: Thu, 28 Jul 2011
General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response
Hi,thanks for query.Dear all this depends upon the type of fracture,your operating surgeon is the best person who can help in this ,as he after clinical examination and X ray can put things togather in better shape.Degree of displacement of two pieces,number of pieces etc,plays a role.Please talk to your doctor.
wishing you a speedy recovery.
Answered: Thu, 28 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor