Which is better Econorm or Novovogermina to treat diarrhea in infants?

Hi... my baby is 15 months old.he is having loose motions (10-15 tines)from yesterday.doctor has prescribed taxim o (50) and novogermina suspension twice a day..but today also he pooped two times which is fully watery.My friend suggested me econorm instead of novogermina..please solve my problem as I am very much confused
Thu, 9 Aug 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

Probiotics, such as Lactobacillus spp., Saccharomyces spp.,Bifidobacterium spp. and Bacillus clausii, are commonly used in acute diarrhea. Econorm Sachet , a probiotic preparation contains Saccharomyces Boulardi whereas Novogermina Suspension contains Bacillus Clausii. Both are equally effective. Laymen like you can get confused.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.