Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
167 Doctors are Online

Which doctor should I consult for nose bleeding and eye problem ?

I m a 53 year old female, weight 156 pounds, height 5.1 I have problems with my joins probably because I suffer from Lupus and rheumatoid arthritis , high blood pressure , severe depression , low thyroid and lately my right eye is hurting, getting red or getting broken vessels and I look like Dracula. I m really concern because the back of the eye ball hurts a lot and besides getting red under the eye lid more then white part, I don t get any discharge but, my eye sight gets very blurry. I was diagnosed with dry eye couple of years ago and I get eye drops for it but, It s getting worst and sometimes my left eye gets as bad too and I get a lot of nose bleedings, what kind of doctor should I see? ophthalmologist , ear and nose doctor or ... Thanks to everybody.
Asked On : Sat, 16 Apr 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  115
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
You seem to have VASCULITIS which is inflammation of blood vessels. It is an autoimmune disorder where the defence cells of the body attack the blood vessels thinking them as foreign bodies.
You may initally consult an Ophthalmolgist for initial diagnosis and check up, but your treatment will be done by an Immunologist / Rheumatologist.
Your treatment an Immunologist / Rheumatologist will also help your Arthritis.
Answered: Sat, 16 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
hi welcome to concern ophthalmologist for your eyesand he check your blood pressure also if it high then you concern physician for that.
Answered: Thu, 29 Dec 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor