Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Which doctor can treat my father a psychiatrist or a neurologist for memory loss ?

Hello Doctor , My father is 65 yrs old, past 4 yrs he had loss is memory slowly. we taken the treatment with psychartist but its not work.on 14 yrs back he met one accident he had just small hurts in hands and legs. he told that he had pain on his head also but afterwards no pain . Because of that also memory loss is araise or not. We dont know which doctors can we meet psychartist or neurologist . pls clear this or tell which treatment is better for him. whole family is so sad for this. pls help us.
Asked On : Fri, 4 Mar 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  104
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
since he is 65 there is a possiblity trhat he amy be in the initial phase of dementia (alzhimer"s diasease) a agr related degenerative disease. Consult a neurologist at the earliest for remedial measures

Clinical Psychologist
Answered: Thu, 25 Aug 2011
Homeopath Dr. Arif. K. Kaware's  Response
Slow memory loss happens with age in some people .It is due to cerebral atrophy or any degenerative disease.He may require CT/MRI to find out any abnormality.Please take him to a neurologist he will help .Discuss with in your family & take him to a NEUROPHYSICIAN.
Answered: Fri, 4 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor