Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Which cough syrup should be given for a 6 year old child ?

what std cough syrup would you suggest for a 6 yr old msotly as a suppresant which could be taken under emergency without visiting the doctor Thnks Divya
Asked On : Tue, 15 Mar 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  179
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi Welcome to

You can try TUSQ cough syrup. If the cough persists and if there is fever, consult Pediatrician and get checked

Regards Dr. Jagdish
Answered: Tue, 15 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Homeopath Dr. KOMAL vig's  Response
hello.. divya.. welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum’.
stodal paediatric cough syrup its a homeopathic medicine so safe ..
u can give him four times in a day..
along with it home remedies such as tulsi and honey are also effective in treating cough ..
avoid cold ,oily spicy,tangy and fried foods
if there is fever and other associated symptoms then it will be better to consult your doctor..
wishing him good health
Answered: Tue, 15 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor