Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Which can I meet for treatment of knee injury ?

30 yrs, male, Dhaka, Bangladesh RT Knee injury on 07.10.10 - accidental fall from a chair - unable to bear weight on the RT lower limb for initial few days for pain - treated conservatively NSAIDS . Pain and jamming of RT knee since then. Impression from MRI: -- Tear of posterior horn of medial meniscus -- contusions in distal femur and proximal tibia -- Mild joint effusion Patient will reach kolkata tomorrow. could u please tell me about a Doctor relevant to this whom patient can meet?
Asked On : Sun, 8 May 2011
Answers:  4 Views:  84
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Physical Therapist or Physiotherapist 's  Response
welcum to healthcarre
better u go n consult an physio also , and tk sum session of physiotherapy , ths will provide stability to ur joint and tht strenth helps u after surgical procedure.
for walking and daily activities.
tk cr
Answered: Tue, 10 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
this is the result of not taken treatment in time,if he went through investigations when he got accident,this complications might not have occurred .
Any how now he should consult Orthopedic surgeon along with MRI report.
With the treatment he will be alright.
Answered: Sun, 8 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Pediatrician Dr. Suryakanta Baraha's  Response
you should meet an orthopedics surgeon.surgical option may be opted like mensical repair.get trated soon.take care
Answered: Mon, 9 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Hi Bikash,
You need to fix an appointment with an Orthopaedician, especially an arthroscopy surgeon (key hole surgeon). Depending upon the severity of the tear, the following surgeries would be likely:
- partial meniscectomy i.e removal of a part of the meniscus
- total meniscectomy
- mensical repair
Answered: Sun, 8 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor