Owl Image

Which are the safe periods to have unprotected sex ?

i just ant to know whichis safest time to do intercourse for woman to avoid pregnancy
Tue, 24 Jan 2012
Hello.
Thanks for choosing HealthcareMagic forum.
The comparatively safe time for having sex without using any contraceptive is the first ten days of your cycle and the last ten days of your cycle considering the day your bleeding started as day 1. But there is no absolutely safe period.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available if you have any further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal
drrakhitayal@gmail.com

General & Family Physician Dr. Anand Babu M's  Response
Hi welcome to healthcareMagic Forum

To avoid pregnancy by natural method is rhythm method...
In this method from 1st to 8th day of menstrual cycle is safe, then from 22nd to 28th day of the cycle is safe... the ovulation normally takes place on 14th day, life span of ovum is 24hrs, and life span of sperm is 48hrs inside the uterus... ovulation can occur two days before or after the normal time(14th day)... by subtracting all the possible chances .. you can have intercourse on 1 to 8th and 22nd to 28th day...