Which are the best food for 2 year old child?

What is the best food o give a 2 year old child? My child does not eat well but every time doctor says he is fine and growth is normal. Which tonic is best to make him eat? Someone suggested liv-52 to help improve his appetite.
Sun, 3 Apr 2011
's  Response
Try eating it up yourself when you trying to feed him and he is running off and creating a fuss. Also feed your husband and both of you say mmmm it tastes very nice and you will not give it to him. Sometimes negative psychology also helps and he will then start eating.
swetha kanade's  Response
hi,
i have 21 month baby ... i would like to say u that give him chapatis filled with potato cury by applying some home made ghee or any ghee which should be pure.
General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response
This the commonest complain the parents have about their child on most of the visits to doctor.To feed a child is an art and which every mother,including you knows well.only thing which needs to be done is some fine adjustment.Make him sit to eat when everybody else is eating,never run behind him offering food.he has to sit to eat at one place .Do not give biscuits,milk etc at the time of lunch or dinner.The child knows when he refused something you immediately give him options,you he is alwasy waiting for the same.Make him eat what everybody else is eating,do not make special things for him.You can give fruits,juices,vegetable soup,dal rice,curd,roti-dal etc,there is no need for formula feed also.Add drops of ghee in rice dal he is eating to add nutritive value without increasing the quantity.Do not give too much milk.
Pediatrician Dr. Akshay Joshi's  Response
the best appatizer is HUNGER. if u r giving him a pacifier for sucking as most AMERICANS do please stop. give ur child QUALITY TIME, AND PLAY WITH HIM(PHYSICAL EXERCISE). check by a physician for vitamin/iron/mineral deficiency. BEST FOOD FOR BABIES IS HOME MADE FRESHLY PREPARED FOOD THAT U AND UR FOREFATHERS HAVE BEEN EATING. stored and tin-packed food or preservative added food should not be given. home made food can be given any TASTE ur baby may like, and go for TASTE-CHANGE by adding TASTE-MAKERS, condiments,CHAT-MASALAS,LIME, BLACK SALT, CURD , CHUTNEYS ETC. first u taste than ur baby, if u like it mostly ur baby will. SECONDLY dont feed ur child till u r satisfied, but till ur child is satisfied and that may not be satisfactory to u ( weigh ur child regularly and target 50th persentile of ur country's standard) i think that would suffice, ofcourse it will take time.

manoj's  Response
All doctors say the same thing. My child does not eat well at all but the doctor always says the growth is normal and child is active- nothing to worry about.
raj's  Response
as i have already mentioned adults eat to their satisfaction but the children are fed till their parents are satisfied not the child's requirement, yours may be one such case