Whether the steroids will affect the sex life , please guide him

My friend (male of 28 years old) who was continuously having joint pain in both the legs is being diagnosed with early stage of poly myositis after many investigations over six months and have been advised to take following medicines prescribed by the neurologist. (treatment started with orthopaedist, then rheumatologist and now neurologist) 1) Absolut 2) Wysolone 10mg 3) Pantocid 4) Shelcal OS Since Wysolone contains steroids, he was having some problems (like gastritis, head ache, etc.) while taking those pills. hence he discontinued for a week and then continued once again. but after a months time he stopped the medication completely. Few days passed by, he once again started developing joint pain on the legs and other side effects like indigestion problems, high BP, weight increase, etc. Now he is going to get married. He is now worried that usage of steroids will lead to infertility and hence hesitant to use the medicines. Could you please advice him whether to proceed with diagnosis and we need doctor's opinion on whether the steroids will affect the sex life. How long this kind of treatment to be continued? Is this disease to be informed to his would-be wife? Please guide him. Thanks
Mon, 14 Dec 2009