Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

Where can PCOs be treated ?

hi, i m samhitha i m suffering from pcod now my period is going on & its bleeding very badly please do reply me immediately to my email id & pls provide me ur linic address so i come to u as i stay in bangalore at nandini layout.
Asked On : Sun, 24 Jul 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  33
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Hi ,
PCOD is to be properly diagnosed and treated.
In PCOD there is usually scanty flow and periods are delayed along with weight gain.
You are having excessive flow which can be due to other causes also lIke puberty menstrual disturbances , anaemia , anxiety or simple cyst in ovary.
You can visit a gynaecologist for second opinion.
Complete Haemogram , Hormonal assay like FSH , LH , Prolactin , fasting insulin levels,
DHEA's , testosterone and a TVS- ultrasound is to be done.
Meanwhile you can take tranexaemic acid tablets 500 mgm twice daily for five days along with iron tablets.
Have a good diet rich in iron , calcium and protein.Avoid junk food.
Wishing you good health
Take care
Answered: Sun, 24 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor