When your BP is taken, what does it mean ?

When your blood pressure is taken, what does it mean ?
Mon, 8 Aug 2011
's  Response
Hello.
Welcome to Health Care Magic,
Blood pressure refers to the pressure exerted by the circulating blood upon the vessels.BP refers to the arterial pressure.
Blood pressure needs to be measured in number of conditions like-hypertension,hypotension,haemorrahge,anaemia,hormonal abnormalities,shock.It shouold be measured regularly as age advances.
General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response
Hi,thanks for query.Our heart continuously pump blood in to arterial system,there is a pressure in our entire system due to which blood reaches every part of body and many functions of body like absorption of food,exchange of gases etc,takes places.Normal pressure is must for normal functioning of body.
wishing you good health.